Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Alumna's Sight Set on Optometry



Madison Dunning’s mom had crystal-clear vision when she saw her daughter’s potential as an optometrist, even before Madison herself knew what her passion was.

“I always knew I liked science, but I also knew that I really wanted to work with people,” Dunning said.

She attended UNCW to participate in research opportunities for biology and marine biology students, but at her mom’s suggestion, Dunning also looked outside the campus to explore her interests. After being introduced to optometrist Tracey Glendenning through the Catholic Campus Ministry, Dunning saw that she was indeed on the right path. She shadowed Glendenning at the MyEyeDr. office on Racine Drive during the spring 2015 semester and was hired as an optometric technician that summer.

Last fall, Dunning was accepted to the Pennsylvania College of Optometry at Salus University, the same school that the doctors she works with attended.

“Optometry is a challenging yet extremely rewarding career, and I can’t wait to restore, preserve and maintain the gift of sight for my future patients.”

Read more at We Are UNCW.

No comments: