Tuesday, February 22, 2011

UNCW’s Cameron School of Business Hosts 29th Annual Business Week

It’s that time again! UNCW’s Cameron School of Business holds the 29th annual Business Week. Alumni are invited to take part in events on March 1st and 2nd. The highlight of the week is the Alumni and Retired Faculty Mixer on Tuesday, March 1 at 5:30pm in the Computer Information Systems lobby. This event will be lots of fun and a great opportunity for alumni to catch up with former CSB friends and professors! The night will also include the presentation of the 2011 Outstanding Business Alumni of the Year awards.

The week-long event features a bevy of speakers who have experience in the fields of business, finance, marketing, entrepreneurship, information technologies, and more. As a current student, majoring in Business Administration with a concentration in Marketing,  I have come to realize the importance of Business Week. My classmates and I will be given the opportunity to learn about many facets of the business world and all that we have to look forward to. My time in the Cameron School of Business has been tremendously positive and I look to Business Week as another insightful experience that will aid and carry me into my future.

When I asked Meghan MacDonald ‘09  how she felt about being one of this year's speakers, she responded with, "Business Week is a great opportunity for the community and the university. As a student I was able to attend seminars that were of interest to my career path, be a student host, and foster relationships that continue to be an important part of my life today. As an alumna of the business school and participant of business week, I hope to be able to assist and guide students as other business leaders did for me."

Kristen Beckmeyer ’01, former CSB student and owner of Coastal Cupcakes, puts it nicely, “I first spoke at Business Week in 2009 and really enjoyed getting back on campus and interacting with the students. It was amazing to see how things have changed since I was a student. One of the great things about living in Wilmington is the ability to get and stay involved with UNCW. Giving back to your alma mater isn't just about writing a check. Sometimes your time and experience means the most."

- Krista Little, Business Student & Alumni Relations Intern

No comments: